Tranmere vs Watford
The FA Cup 3rd Rnd
7:45pm Thursday 23rd January

Prenton Park

Paul Mullin header set up an FA Cup clash after a 2-1 win over Watford with Man Utd for Tranmere in Prenton Park.
Mullin met a flick-on knock out a young Watford side including four players making their first start, and to nod that the League One side in front for the next time on the night in their FA Cup game.
The hosts had shot a first-half lead from a corner through the conclusion of Emmanuel Monthe, but using a finish to the Premier League side Kaylen Hinds levelled up following the fracture replacement.
With little over 48 hours rest before Sundays fourth-round connect with United for the victor, the smallest side wanted was extra-time but if a winner could not be found an extra half-hour followed, with Mullins goal a minute before half-time sparking euphoria for Micky Mellons third-tier side come the final whistle.
Watford director Nigel Pearson made 11 changes at Sky Bet League One Tranmere for the FA Cup replay.
No one that began Tuesdays defeat featured at the group, although five in the starting line-up played on January 4 in the meeting between the two sides.
New registering Joao Pedro produced his first beginning, having featured in the first fixture at Vicarage Road, as did players that are under-23 Mason Barrett, Joseph Hungbo and Callum Whelan.
Tranmere made one change together with Corey Blackett-Taylor replacing the Alex Woodyard that was cup-tied, to Ipswich.
Since Tranmere took a 36th-minute guide through Monthe an upset looked on the cards.
The centre-back, up for a Corey Blackett-Taylor corner, volleyed house for a target that was longer than the hosts lacked.
It was Monthes third goal in his last four games – he struck to Ipswich as well as in Saturdays 2-1 defeat Vicarage Road – and had been sufficient to give Rovers a half-time lead at Prenton Park.
Watford appeared dangerous and they drew level from the 68th minute through replacement Kaylen Hinds.
Drilled his shot in a corners breakdown through a crowd of players.
Rovers had chances to snatch the win although neither they nor Watford could discover a breakthrough in the final stages of their 90 minutes, sending the third-round replay to time.
An upset looked on as Tranmere took the lead during replacement Mullin, who headed in at the far post in time.
While Watfords next game is at home to Everton on February 1 at 3pm, tranmere are to a fourth-round home game with Manchester United on Sunday at 3pm.

from here: